Moving Traditions seeks a dynamic and entrepreneurial Boston Director to engage the resources of the Boston Jewish community in emboldening Jewish pre-teens and teens to foster self-discovery and challenge sexism through meaningful Jewish experiences.
The Moving Traditions Boston Director will promote Moving Traditions’ mission throughout the greater Boston area, with primary focus on leveraging relationships and cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors and institutional funders and also working to enhance programmatic growth. The Boston Director will work closely with the national development team and the Chief of Program, and will collaborate with other members of the staff, including regional directors in other cities. The ideal candidate will have major gift fundraising skills to build upon a foundation of local funding and program partners and the ability to contribute to the regional conversation about Jewish youth, gender, and identity. The Boston Director will supervise a second Boston-based staff member focused on programmatic engagement. This full-time position, based in greater Boston, offers competitive pay and benefits and the opportunity to grow.
- Develop and promote a regional vision for building Moving Traditions’ work and capacity in greater Boston consistent with our national vision.
- Help create and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy for the region with the support of national staff and support and inform national development planning.
- Lead development efforts in greater Boston, including building a major gifts program.
- Make the case for and promote Moving Traditions’ mission and programs with key communal stakeholders, clergy, parents, thought leaders, and local media.
- Identify and cultivate prospects, stewarding relationships, soliciting gifts of all sizes, and meeting annual fundraising goals.
- Supervise and enhance the efforts of the part-time Boston Program Specialist, who will be responsible for engaging the Boston community in Moving Traditions’ programs.
- Support local board members and motivate volunteers to identify, cultivate, steward and solicit within their networks.
- Work with national staff to build relationships with area federations and foundations; support grant proposal and report writing.
- Coordinate events to identify prospects, steward donors, and educate stakeholders.
- Analyze local trends and follow local research on Jewish teen life, gender, and Jewish communal work to benefit local and national work, and leverage organization-wide learning and data to benefit work in greater Boston.
- Represent Moving Traditions at conferences, workshops and networking venues.
- Participate in sharing best practices and development insights with network of Regional Directors and national team members.
- Ensure that Salesforce database is up-to-date, to track, report on, and manage development and program functions.
The director will perform other duties as required.
The Moving Traditions Boston Director will demonstrate each of the following:
- Passion for Moving Traditions’ mission and ability to inspire others about it
- Minimum of five -seven years’ experience in fundraising/development, with proven success in raising funds in the Jewish Community. A proven track record of successful major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship from individuals and institutional funders
- Accomplished relationship builder with strong interpersonal communication skills, a record of building and sustaining professional relationships with individuals and within teams, and an extensive knowledge of and established relationships in the Boston community
- Exceptional management skills with proven ability to supervise and mentor staff
- Self-starter with experience and comfort working autonomously and remotely with colleagues
- Capacity to lead and manage multiple projects concurrently, with excellent planning, problem solving, and follow-through
- Ability to travel throughout Boston area to meet with donors and other constituents, and to travel outside of Boston on occasion
- Ability to attend and support Moving Traditions educational events, which occasionally can occur on Sundays or in the evening
- Sound judgment in setting, reviewing, and confirming priorities
- Knowledge of Jewish life and a strong Jewish network
- Strong attention to detail and investment in data quality
- Understanding of gender and gender issues
- Previous experience with Moving Traditions’ programs a plus
Established in 2005, Moving Traditions emboldens teens by fostering self-discovery, challenging sexism, and inspiring a commitment to Jewish life and learning. Moving Traditions connects the issues youth care about most—body image, social and academic pressure, friendship, romance, and sexuality—to enduring Jewish values, fosters positive peer-to-peer relationships through our trained educators and mentors, and inspires participants to develop an ongoing connection to Jewish community. By promoting a more inclusive and expansive view of gender and identity for Jewish youth of all genders, we create a more vibrant, engaging Judaism that helps all pre-teens and teens to flourish. To date, Moving Traditions has partnered with more than 400 congregations, JCCs and other Jewish entities across North America. We operate six staffed regions in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, and Philadelphia.
Moving Traditions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment. Moving Traditions does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law in any of its programs or activities.
The Boston Director position is a full – time position in the salary range of $95,000-$105,000. The position offers competitive benefits and the opportunity to grow. Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com