Moving Traditons is looking for a Copyeditor consultant (1099 contractor) to ensure our content meets our guidelines and copy is accurate and free of grammatical errors.
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow, and structure of content
- Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors according to the Chicago Style Guide
- Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability
- Verify factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a copyeditor
- Comfort with Microsoft Word
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
This work will be done remotely, requiring approximately 60 hours from May through October 2022. Compensation is $30/hour (a curricular session is approximately 6-8 pages in length, and a session typically takes 1.5-2 hours to copyedit). Interested candidates may apply by completing the application form.