Moving Traditions is seeking an experienced Director of Marketing & Communications with a strategic mindset, outstanding writing and editing skills, and a passion for emboldening Jewish youth to explore their identities, challenge sexism, and forge deep connections to Jewish life.
A senior member of the Development and Communications team, the Director of Marketing & Communications will help set marketing and communications strategies and create, implement and oversee internal and external communications programs that effectively describe and promote the mission, strategic objectives, programs, and financial security of Moving Traditions across multiple platforms, and among key stakeholder audiences nationally and in six staffed regions.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will possess the experience and skills to:
- Create strategy and compose communication plan in partnership with VP, Chief of Advancement, CEO, Chief of Program Strategy and members of Development and Communications team.
- Drive donor support and program success for the organization through preparation of direct mail, e-newsletters, social media, Web site, annual report, brochures, other marketing material and other collateral.
- Manage preparation and distribution of monthly e-newsletters to targeted audiences, including parents, donors and prospects, partner supervisors, group leader, and major influencers.
- Convene and manage Thought Leadership team (CEO, Chief of Program Strategy, Chief of Advancement, Chief of Education), and assist in the development of opinion pieces and other communications that exemplify Moving Traditions’ expertise in the fields of adolescent development, feminism/gender, and Jewish community.
- Convene and manage Parent Strategy Group and lead the development of communications that strengthen our relationship with parents of preteens and teens in the Jewish community.
- Serve as our internal communications consultant by informing and engaging internal stakeholders, working with colleagues to conceive and implement projects and training staff to build communications capacity
- Work with the Field Team to ensure that Moving Tradition’s program partners incorporate consistent product and organizational messages across all media while conforming with the organization’s visual standards.
- Serve as the head copy editor of Moving Traditions, reviewing and correcting written material to improve impact, accuracy, readability, consistency and fitness for its purpose
- In time, manage relationships with national and local media, secure coverage, and work with regional staff to build local relationship.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years progressive communications and/or marketing experience, non-profit sector preferred.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of communications and familiarity with development principles.
- The ability to craft key messages and communicate them with impact to targeted audiences, including funders, the media, thought leaders, and internal and external staff.
- Knowledge of Judaism and Jewish community and gender issues. Experience with social change efforts a plus.
- Fluency with new forms of media and social media in a professional capacity.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills, ability to prioritize and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a deadline driven environment.
Established in 2005, Moving Traditions emboldens Jewish youth by fostering self-discovery, challenging sexism, and inspiring a commitment to Jewish life and learning. We advance our mission by investing in the Jewish community, partnering with synagogues, JCCs, camps, and other institutions, training clergy and Jewish educators to implement our programming so that preteens and teens will grow and thrive. By promoting a more inclusive and expansive view of gender and identity for Jewish youth of all genders, we create a more vibrant, engaging Judaism that helps all pre-teens and teens to flourish. To date, Moving Traditions has emboldened more than 25,000 teens, trained more than 2,000 adults as Moving Traditions B’nai Mitzvah Family Education program leaders and Teen Group mentors, prepared more than 140 senior camp leaders to promote safety, respect and equity through CultureShift, and partnered with more than 500 Jewish institutions across North America, including in our staffed regions in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, and Philadelphia.
Moving Traditions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, height, weight, marital status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law in employment or the provision of services. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Moving Traditions is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership.
Compensation is $75,000-85,000, depending on experience. Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com