The Foundation Relations Associate helps to track, manage and support relationships with a $1 million-plus portfolio of foundation donors and prospects, including basic foundation research, contributing to the preparation of grant proposals, coordinating and helping write progress reports, tracking awards and grants, and scheduling internal team meetings. A member of the Development and Communications team, the Foundation Relations Associate is a part-time position (24 hours/week) that reports to the V.P, Chief of Advancement, and has potential to grow to full-time.
The Foundation Relations Associate will possess the experience and skills to:
- Support the Moving Traditions team in the grant submission and reporting process. Maintain the grant submission and report calendar in order to ensure timely submissions and adherence to reporting deadlines. Generally, ensure that all activities relating to reaching the department’s goals are coordinated in an efficient and effective manner.
- Fact check information/data and make edits/corrections to ensure proposal accuracy. Cross-reference foundation information and guidelines for accuracy and completeness. Gather appropriate proposal attachments, compile and submit proposals. Coordinate all signature efforts with appropriate Moving Traditions staff members. Coordinate cross departmental information when needed (i.e. financial reports required, etc.)
- Conduct research on foundation donors and prospects utilizing on-line and web-based directories and websites. Update information on deadlines and guidelines.
- Process gift acknowledgement letters for foundation, federation and institutional donors and handle appropriate internal information sharing and follow-up.
- Maintain foundation, federation and institutional records in Salesforce database by entering and updating information, researching information when data is missing. Also enter proposal and action(s) and information originating from contact reports and other correspondence as needed.
- Generate foundation and organization reports from database, proactively and as requested, in order to track progress toward goals.
- Draft and process correspondence, such as specialized acknowledgement letters, cover letters for proposals, requests for annual reports, guidelines, etc.
- Provide support to VP, Chief of Advancement.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of development experience at an administrative level, or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills, ability to prioritize and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse group of people in a deadline driven environment
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce, or equivalent CRM system.
Established in 2005, Moving Traditions emboldens Jewish youth by fostering self-discovery, challenging sexism, and inspiring a commitment to Jewish life and learning. We advance our mission by investing in the Jewish community, partnering with synagogues, JCCs, camps, and other institutions, training clergy and Jewish educators to implement our programming so that preteens and teens will grow and thrive. By promoting a more inclusive and expansive view of gender and identity for Jewish youth of all genders, we create a more vibrant, engaging Judaism that helps all pre-teens and teens to flourish. To date, Moving Traditions has emboldened more than 25,000 teens, trained more than 2,000 adults as Moving Traditions B’nai Mitzvah Family Education program leaders and Teen Group mentors, prepared more than 140 senior camp leaders to promote safety, respect and equity through CultureShift, and partnered with more than 500 Jewish institutions across North America, including in our staffed regions in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, and Philadelphia.
Moving Traditions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, height, weight, marital status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law in employment or the provision of services. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Moving Traditions is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership.
Compensation is $25,000 to $27,500 depending on experience. Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org