Moving Traditions is looking for a dynamic development professional who is a self-starter and a team player to motivate and engage current and future donors and leadership in a growing, progressive organization that emboldens Jewish youth to explore their identities, challenge sexism, and forge deep connections to Jewish life.
As an integral member of the Development & Communications team, the Major Gifts Officer will help build a successful fundraising program in the Midwest and West coast regions. He/she will work closely with the CEO, VP, Chief of Advancement, the Chief of External Relations, and field team members to develop and coordinate fundraising strategies and to engage major donors, including individuals and foundations, and emerging leaders. (Leveraging CEO and Board members to meet with key prospects) The Major Gifts Officer can work remotely during the pandemic, with the ideal candidate based in a major metropolitan area in Midwest or West coast regions.
The Major Gifts Officer will possess the experience and skills to:
- Work collaboratively with senior management, field team staff and lay leaders to identity, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of major donors and prospects.
- Develop strategies for engaging individual donors, prospects, and foundations to grow regional giving in Midwest and West regions.
- Assist in developing solicitation strategies and implement campaigns aligned with national goals to meet regional fundraising goals.
- Participate in national fundraising team strategy discussions, briefings, and projects.
- Day to day compliance with all financial responsibilities and record-keeping responsibilities.
- Prepare written materials for events and draft correspondence, proposals, and other written materials as needed.
- Some travel.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Background: or Knowledge, Abilities and Attributes
- Dynamic, people-oriented individual with excellent relationship-building skills.
- Proven track record of success in donor stewardship and closing major gifts.
- Demonstrated success working closely with volunteer leadership.
- Minimum of five (5) years of major gift fundraising experience.
- Excellent judgment and discretion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player and independently.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Comfort using Salesforce, or similar CRM system, and Excel, or similar spreadsheet program.
- Understanding of Jewish values and belief in the Moving Traditions’ mission.
Established in 2005, Moving Traditions emboldens Jewish youth by fostering self-discovery, challenging sexism, and inspiring a commitment to Jewish life and learning. We advance our mission by investing in the Jewish community, partnering with synagogues, JCCs, camps, and other institutions, training clergy and Jewish educators to implement our programming so that preteens and teens will grow and thrive. By promoting a more inclusive and expansive view of gender and identity for Jewish youth of all genders, we create a more vibrant, engaging Judaism that helps all pre-teens and teens to flourish. To date, Moving Traditions has emboldened more than 28,000 teens, trained more than 2,200 adults to mentor Jewish youth through the Moving Traditions B’nai Mitzvah Family Education Program and our Teen Groups, prepared more than 140 senior camp leaders to promote safety, respect and equity through CultureShift, and partnered with more than 500 Jewish institutions across North America, including in our staffed regions in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, and Philadelphia.
Moving Traditions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, height, weight, marital status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law in employment or the provision of services. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Moving Traditions is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership.
Compensation is $95K-$115K per year, depending on experience. Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org