Moving Traditions seeks a dynamic Philadelphia Director to help revolutionize teen engagement in the Greater Philadelphia area.
The Moving Traditions Philadelphia Director will promote Moving Traditions’ mission in the Philadelphia area, inspiring leaders in Jewish education, engaging program partners, identifying and helping train effective Jewish educators, and attracting new supporters to our vision of communal change. S/he will report to the Chief of Field Operations and work closely with other members of the national staff, as well as with regional directors based in other cities. This 20-hour-per-week part-time position, which could expand in the future, is based in greater Philadelphia, offers competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity to grow.
- Build the case for Moving Traditions’ mission and programs with key communal stakeholders, educators, funders, and thought leaders.
- Develop and promote a regional vision for Moving Traditions’ work in greater Philadelphia, in consultation with the national office.
- Contribute to Jewish youth professionals and Jewish education networks; conduct professional development workshops.
Recruitment, Retention and Support of Partner Institutions and Program Groups
- Develop and build relationships with current and potential partner institutions through networking, research and outreach; ensure that partners understand our educational goals and implement the programs with fidelity to our model.
- Meet annual engagement and retention goals to reach more Jewish teens with our work; bring on new and re-engage inactive partners, retain existing partners, and ensure that they add and retain groups.
- Help to identify and vet professional and lay educators to facilitate the programs.
- Ensure the high quality of groups and group leaders by providing coaching, consultation and support to group leaders and supervisors.
- Support piloting and implementation of new programming.
Support Fundraising and Communications
- Support Moving Traditions’ fundraising efforts in greater Philadelphia, stewarding relationships and assisting in identifying and cultivating prospects.
- Assist in broadening the network of major donors to support our work in greater Philadelphia.
- Work with national staff to build relationships with area foundations; support grant proposal and report writing.
- Coordinate stewardship and educational events to assist in cultivation of prospects and education of stakeholders about Moving Traditions’ work.
- Analyze local trends and follow local research on Jewish teen life, gender, and Jewish communal work to benefit local and national work, and leverage national office learning and data to benefit work in Greater Philadelphia.
- Represent Moving Traditions at conferences, workshops and networking venues.
- Participate in sharing best practices and programmatic insight with national network of Regional Directors.
- Keep Salesforce database up-to-date.
The Moving Traditions Philadelphia Director will demonstrate each of the following:
- Embrace Moving Traditions’ mission
- Minimum of four years of experience in Jewish communal service, education, program planning, or marketing/sales
- Experience in fundraising/development a plus, in particular with experience in raising major gifts and working with institutional funders
- Strong interpersonal communications and relationship building skills, with a record of building and sustaining professional relationships
- Ability to work independently, at a fast pace
- Sound judgment in setting, reviewing, and confirming priorities
- Capacity to take initiative on projects, with excellent planning, problem solving, and follow-through
- Strong attention to detail and investment in data quality
- Understanding of gender and gender issues
- Knowledge of Jewish life and a strong Jewish network
- Previous experience with Moving Traditions’ programs is a plus
About Moving Traditions
At Moving Traditions, we believe that when Judaism promotes self-discovery, challenges traditional gender roles, and celebrates a diversity of voices, it has the power to move our teens, our communities, and Judaism forward.
Through our field-tested programs Rosh Hodesh and Shevet Achim, Moving Traditions creates experiences that inspire Jewish teens to openly explore fundamental questions of identity and society. We help teens reach their full potential by connecting relevant content with enduring Jewish values, and by fostering positive peer-to-peer relationships through our trained mentors.
Together, with the guidance of Moving Traditions, more Jewish teens are growing into adulthood with confidence, compassion and a lifelong commitment to Jewish community.
This position offers great flexibility. Compensation is competitive. Please email cover letter and resume to: Robin Cohen, Chief of Finance and Operations, at email@example.com