Moving Traditions is seeking a part-time, temporary Communications Associate with experience in mass communication and social media, and a passion for our mission: emboldening Jewish youth to explore their identities, challenge sexism, and forge deep connections to Jewish life.
A seasonal member of the Development and Communications team from November 2021 to March 2022 in a 15-20 hour per week contract role, the Communications Associate will help with the implementation of marketing and communications strategies that elevate and promote the mission, strategic objectives, programs, and financial security of Moving Traditions across multiple platforms, and among key stakeholder audiences nationally and in key regions. The Associate can work remotely.
The Communications Associate will possess the experience and skills to:
- Help manage the mass communications calendar as a living document and schedule.
- Help manage mass email outreach including drafting content, layout with basic design, list management and scheduling.
- Help manage social media including drafting content, scheduling, and managing ads as needed to ensure that events, news, and programmatic updates are optimally posted.
- Help maintain website and ensure content is updated as needed.
- Ensure consistent messaging across teams to support brand identity.
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce a high-quality and error-free copy.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Experience in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in Constant Contact, WordPress, Canva, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media and mass communication experience in a professional capacity.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Established in 2005, Moving Traditions emboldens Jewish youth by fostering self-discovery, challenging sexism, and inspiring a commitment to Jewish life and learning. We advance our mission by investing in the Jewish community, partnering with synagogues, JCCs, camps, and other institutions, training clergy and Jewish educators to implement our programming so that preteens and teens will grow and thrive. By promoting a more inclusive and expansive view of gender and identity for Jewish youth of all genders, we create a more vibrant, engaging Judaism that helps all pre-teens and teens to flourish. To date, Moving Traditions has emboldened more than 28,000 teens, trained more than 2,200 adults to mentor Jewish youth through the Moving Traditions B’nai Mitzvah Family Education Program and our Teen Groups, prepared more than 140 senior camp leaders to promote safety, respect and equity through CultureShift, and partnered with more than 500 Jewish institutions across North America, including in our staffed regions in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, and Philadelphia.
Compensation is estimated at $360-400 per week, depending on experience. Please email cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org