Moving Traditions is currently seeking an Staff Accountant. Under the general direction of the Chief of Finance and Operations, the Staff Accountant is responsible for providing accounting, finance and grants budgeting support to the Finance and Operations Department. Specifically, the Staff Accountant will focus on performing general ledger entries, reconciliations, month-end close, payroll processing, grants management, budgeting and reporting.
The successful candidate should have CPA certification, non-profit accounting experience, strong organizational skills and orientation to detail.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Assist with the financial administration of grants, which includes developing budgets for grants and tracking grant payments, submissions and reporting (budgets, narrative and financial reports)
- Assist CFO with organizational budget preparation.
- Assist the CFO with yearly audit preparation
- Coordinate payroll and ensure accurate processing. Perform payroll accounting, make payroll entries and maintain payroll files.
- Record, track, and create reports and financial statements for various budgetary and financial elements of organization
- Work with Finance Associate to coordinate and manage contracts, payments and reimbursements of outside contractors
- Periodically reviews system documentation to ensure correct and consistent input and provide internal finance review and reports.
- Assist with special projects and other various financial reporting and assistance as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of non-profit accounting experience and 3+ years’ experience in grants and/or finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA certification required
- Advanced knowledge of computer software and applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, Peachtree and internet
- Demonstrated aptitude with financial information systems (Sage Peachtree preferred)
- Strong monthly financial reporting and process management
- Organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- An excellent oral and written communicator
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Meja Petchel, Human Resources Business Partner.
Moving Traditions emboldens teens by fostering self-discovery, challenging sexism, and inspiring a commitment to Jewish life and learning.
Through our field-tested programs Rosh Hodesh and Shevet, Moving Traditions creates experiences that inspire Jewish teens to openly explore fundamental questions of identity and society. We help teens reach their full potential by connecting relevant content with enduring Jewish values, and by fostering positive peer-to-peer relationships through our trained mentors.
Moving Traditions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment. Moving Traditions does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law in any of its programs or activities.