Moving Traditions works directly with partners to start Rosh Hodesh and Shevet Achim groups for girls and boys in your community. Our partners come from across the denominations and include synagogues, day schools, JCCs, and other Jewish institutions.
Institutions become partners with Moving Traditions by purchasing a license to run the programs. Once this license is purchased, Moving Traditions works with its partners to train group leaders and launch the program successfully for your teens.
Each partner receives Moving Traditions curricular materials with step-by-step guidance and meeting plans. Each group leader receives experiential training and ongoing support.
To start a Rosh Hodesh or Shevet Achim group:
- Contact Moving Traditions — use the contact information below
- Find a group leader — our staff will guide you
- Enlist the support of clergy, staff, lay leaders, and parents in your community
- Send your group leader to Moving Traditions’ Training Conference
- Recruit girls for Rosh Hodesh in one grade between 8th and 12th
- Recruit boys for Shevet Achim in either 8th or 9th grade
- Identify where the groups will meet – we suggest in participants’ homes
- Determine what the group will charge members to participate
- Promote the groups through your mailing list, newsletter, program guide, calendar and website
- Communicate with parents about the topics that each month’s session will address.
- Benefit from Moving Traditions’ ongoing consulting and support
To learn more about bringing Rosh Hodesh and Shevet Achim to your community, and to receive sample materials, please contact Sarah Fox, Program Manager, at (215) 887-4511 x106.