Conversations with Moving Traditions Teen Group Supervisors and Group Leaders
A three-part video series consisting of conversations with Moving Traditions Teen Group Supervisors where they share best practices for teen retention and keeping groups sustained for many years.
Sydnie Ciment, Youth Engagement Coordinator at Temple Sinai in Dresher, PA
- Hiring and training the right group leader.
- Getting parents involved.
- Transitioning a group to a new group leader.
Wayne Goldstein, Harry Kraft Director of Informal Youth Education at Temple Emanuel of Newton, MA
- Building community
- Teen mentorship
- Honoring long-time participants
Sarah Escobar, Religious School Director, Temple Israel of Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
- Make groups flexible and convenient for participants
- Send group leaders to training; get trained as a supervisor
- Utilize Moving Traditions field staff to keep group leaders updated