Carol Lowenstein Moving Traditions B–Mitzvah Training Institute is a training for clergy and educators who lead the B-Mitzvah Family Education Program.
Trainees will learn:
- The Moving Traditions approach to Family Education @ B-Mitzvah
- How to use our extensive curriculum to help families connect Jewish wisdom to the social-emotional development of b-mitzvah age students
- Best practices for facilitating family and preteen sessions
B-Mitzvah Training for Clergy and Educators at New Partners
Registration is open to partner sites who offer or who plan on offering our B-Mitzvah program. The cost for the online training is $100.00 per new partner site, for all participants. All sessions take place from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST / 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. PST.
Educators need only attend one session.
- Session 1: Tuesday, August 1
- Session 2: Thursday, August 17
- Session 3: Wednesday, August 30
- Session 4: Thursday, September 28
- Session 5: Wednesday, October 11
B-Mitzvah Check-In for Clergy and Educators at Returning Partners:
Registration is open to partner sites who have previously taught our B-Mitzvah Family Education Program. There is no charge for this session for our returning partners. During the session, we will cover:
- New sessions available for use in the upcoming year
- How the curriculum has been updated to reflect feedback from parents, preteens and educators
- What the partnership with Moving Traditions entails for the new school year
- What the latest research shows about working with preteens and their parents
We are offering two online session options which will take place from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST / 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. PST. Educators need only attend one session.
- Session A: Tuesday, August 15
- Session B: Wednesday, September 27
If you are interested in becoming a B-Mitzvah partner and receiving training, please contact Sarah Fox, Director of Partnership & Program Operations.
This program is supported by