- This event has passed.
The Big, Queer B’nai Mitzvah Party!
All of the celebrating — none of the studying! jkidpride, J. Proud, and Moving Traditions invite LGBTQ+ teens (12-18) for an evening of music, food, games, and friends!
- There will be an opportunity for parents/caregivers to socialize with one another while the teens hang out together, if desired.
- Dress in whatever makes you feel fabulous! Cozy sweats, fancy ball gown, or anything in between!
*Moving Traditions uses the gender-inclusive term B-Mitzvah in place of B’nai Mitzvah. This event is safe and inclusive to teens of all genders.
Location: An indoor/outdoor location in Elkins Park; register for the exact address
Cost: $18/teen (No cost for grown-up)
The cost covers pizza, snacks, and drinks as well as entertainment and a party favor.
Recommended Ages: 12-18 (and parents/caregivers, if desired)
For more information: contact Paige GoldMarche (Moving Traditions), Robin Matthews (jkidpride), or Galia Godel (J. Proud).
Pre-registration is required. Please register everyone, including both teens and adults, who plan to attend. Please register each teen separately.
Accommodations: If you need an accommodation such as an ASL interpreter, a sensory toolbox, or even behavior support for your child, or if you have questions about the accessibility of any program or venue, please note it while registering or contact Robin Matthews. In most cases, our staff will need two weeks’ notice to provide accommodations, but we will do our best to meet your needs on any timeframe.
jkidpride’s Covid Policy:
- For indoor programming: Non-cloth (n95, KN95, surgical) masks are suggested for children ages 2 years+ and adults
- For outdoor programming: Masks are optional
- For all programming: Staying at home if anyone in the family has a cold, cough, fever, or other symptoms, or has been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.