Raising Up Teens with Moving Traditions – a webinar for parents and educators
Watch the Webinar
Resources from the July 14, 2022 event
Jewish Reproductive Justice: Moving Traditions’ educational session on Reproductive Justice, written for ReproShabbat in January 2022.
Resources from our partners and panelists:
- We Are The Resistance! (@wearethe.resistance) • Instagram photos and videos action group organized by Hana Collison-Zeldes (panelist)
- LittleVioletStudios – Etsy and Chandra & Avivah (@littlevioletstudios) • Instagram photos and videos made by Avivah Mitchel (panelist), proceeds of uterus earrings benefitting Midwest Access Coalition
- Jews for Abortion Access a program of NCJW, a partner of Moving Traditions
- NCJW Abortion and Jewish Values Toolkit
- My Jewish Faith Makes Me Pro-abortion – The Atlantic by Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg (panelist)
- Prajna Consulting – Human development, ethics, and social justice consultation for teens, families, schools, and organizations led by Charis Denison (panelist)
- Reminder: one of the most important thing parents/adults can do is make teens feel “Safe, Seen, Significant”: help them feel connected; recognized for who they are and what they feel/experience; and that they have power/autonomy.
- Imagining a More Just Supreme Court – Ms. Magazine (msmagazine.com) by Dena Robinson, J.D. (panelist)
Other Resources for Parents and Opportunities for Action:
- Access Reproductive Justice – volunteer opportunities
- How to find, contact, and donate to your local abortion fund – National Network of Abortion Funds
- Home | Vote Save America 2022 – Vote Save America – Register teen voters
- Parental Involvement in Minors’ Abortions | Guttmacher Institute
- The Path Forward on Abortion Resource Guide | Religious Action Center
- My Teen Abortion Tale, 1969 (forward.com)
- Opinion | Lessons From the Terrible Triumph of the Anti-Abortion Movement – The New York Times (nytimes.com)
- Roe Is the New Prohibition – The Atlantic
- How to Give Yourself an Abortion (jewishcurrents.org) – a guide to self-administered medication abortion
- Plan C Pills
- Aid Access
- I Need ANA
- NAF Hotline
Raising Up Jewish Teens with Moving Traditions is a series of free webinars geared toward parents, educators, and all those who guide Jewish preteens and teens. All are welcome.
About Moving Traditions
More than 28,000 Jewish youth have participated in Moving Traditions programs: our B-Mitzvah Family Education Program; our Teen Groups – Rosh Hodesh for girls, Shevet for boys, Tzelem for LBGTQ+ teens; Kulam, our new all gender classroom pilot program; and the Meyer-Gottesman Kol Koleinu Teen Feminist Fellowship.