In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Moving Traditions’ talented and hardworking staff have pivoted to rapidly respond, supporting Jewish youth and our partner educators to connect meaningfully online. Please see below for a listing of available resources.
Moving Traditions is uniquely prepared to make important contributions at this time. To achieve our mission, we will continue to provide new resources, so keep coming back to check out this site. Our program team is working to determine where to invest our energy to provide the greatest impact, where it is most needed.
Moving Traditions is pleased to be a resource to our partners and to other Jewish educators as you move our programming (and your own) online. We want to help you adapt your curriculum to an online environment!
Webinars on Adapting Curriculum to an Online Platform
Both webinars presented by:
- Pamela Barkley, Director of Strategic Implementation
- Jen Anolik, Curriculum Manager
- Julia Papiyan, Manager of California Programs
Level 1: Adapting Curriculum
This webinar shares straightforward tricks for how to turn in-person curriculum into web-based learning, so partners can continue providing Jewish preteens and teens with their B’nai Mitzvah, Rosh Hodesh, Shevet and Tzelem sessions, as well as other programming. We review some basic modalities (barometers, paper bag activities, post it note activities) and show you how to easily transfer them to the online world!
Click here for the poem and meditation shared during this webinar.
- Answer Garden (what we used asking everyone “what is one thing that is bringing you joy?” )
- Poll Everywhere (we used zoom polls but this is another way to do polling)
- Zoom guides
Level 2: Adapting Curriculum
Join us as we run through a typical session with teens and show you the ways in which activities can be done in an innovative way online. We will cover the use of breakout rooms, whiteboards and other more advanced features as well as provide practical tips for working in these unusual circumstances.
This webinar builds on the content offered in our recent webinars, and is designed to take you to the next level while sharing ideas and resources.
Click here for Jen Anolik’s meditation shared at at the end of the webinar.
- Padlet.com (the website we used to share photos of what is keeping you grounded. A great resource for creating a starting ritual, or just allowing students to share and comment on each other’s work)
- The Game Gal (shared by Jacob Chatinover during the call)
- https://www.thegamegal.com/word-generator/ (shared by Jacob Chatinover during the call)
Blessing for B’nai Mitzvah Impacted by the Coronavirus, by Rabbi Tamara Cohen, evokes grateful and emotional responses from families whose life-cycle events have been upended by COVID-19.