Skip to content
We asked teens to submit slogans for Women of the Wall as part of Moving Traditions’ One Moon, One Wall, One People campaign. The 20 finalists — with their tweets listed below — have now been asked to make a short video stating their support for gender equality at the wall. The winner will be invited to travel to Jerusalem and stand with Moving Traditions and Women of the Wall at Rosh Hodesh services on January 2, 2014.
Here is a list of the tweets:
- Men of quality respect women’s equality. Alexa S., Tarzana, CA.
- Eq-wall-ity. Alexandra S., Stamford, CT.
- Miriam and the women danced all night long for freedom! Annabelle S., Colo. Springs, CO.
- Klal Yisrael: yea, women too. Antonia R., Montclair, NJ.
- The Kotel is the Wall of the ENTIRE Jewish people! Benjamin L., Wynnewood, PA.
- Most walls divide. Our Wall must unite. Eli W., Greensboro, NC.
- Women of the Wall Stand Tall! Elianna S., Valley Village, CA.
- Jewish Women Deserve Equality at the Wall, Eliza M., Florence, MA.
- A mother’s prayer, a father’s dream, our people’s future. Stand together. Women of the Wall. Haley W., Wynnewood, PA.
- Proud to pray like a girl. Lucy S., Evanston, IL.
- No second class Jews. Let us pray. Include us now. V’imru: Amen. Miriam C., Baltimore, MD.
- It’s My Wall Too. Naomi K., Maple Glen, PA.
- One Wall 4 All. Naomi H., Newton, MA.
- ????? ????? ?????? ?? ????? ??????? ??? Noa S., Villanova, PA.
- We are one — together at Mt. Sinai, together at the Kotel, together in prayer, together in peace! Rachel S., Calabasas, CA.
- Access for All: Men and Women Should Share the Wall! Sarah G., Marietta, GA.
- Wearing Only My Entire Nation on my shoulders (like a tallit). Shaina Z., Danville, CA.
- Doesn’t matter who wears the shawl? Equal rights for all at the wall. Sophia D., Timnath, CO.
- All the women in my life are supporting Women of the wall. I’m proud to be part of it. Yarden G., Agoura Hills, CA.
- Women. Defending Israel with heart,soul, and body. Zoe S., Aurora, CO.