Moving Traditions advances a model of Jewish education that helps pre-teens and teens think deeply about gender, cultural expectations, ethics, and Jewish life.
We partner with synagogues and other Jewish institutions to bring our programs to their communities. Each institution appoints a supervisor to hire and oversee the facilitators who implement our B’nai Mitzvah Program (6th-7th grade) Teen Groups (Rosh Hodesh, Shevet and Tzelem, all starting in 8th grade).
In turn, Moving Traditions provides:
- A field-tested curriculum based on extensive research—now available online.
- Vetting of potential group leaders.
- An intensive national Training Conference for educators.
- Ongoing coaching and support for supervisors and group leaders throughout the program year.
- The opportunity to be part of a network of educators who are pioneering a powerful model of Jewish learning and living.
- What makes Moving Traditions’ approach to Jewish education unique? Read more about our perspective on gender and coming of age.