Moving Traditions works with educators like you to engage Jewish youth through transformative programs, dynamic curriculum, and responsive resources to meet the rapidly changing needs of Jewish youth. We partner with synagogues and other Jewish institutions like yours to bring Moving Traditions programs (B-Mitzvah, Teen Groups, and Kulam) to communities across North America.
Supervisors at our partner institutions hire and oversee teachers and adult mentors to implement our programs. With training and coaching on how to best support healthy youth development and lift up Jewish teen engagement, Moving Traditions staff work with our partners to foster strong Jewish identities and communities. With online trainings at a variety of convenient dates and times, we making it easier and less expensive for educators like you to participate. All our major programs can be implemented in person or online, providing great flexibility so you can adapt as needed.
“I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of the lessons, and the follow up resources. I can tell that Moving Traditions really cares about the well–being of teachers and students.“
Access Moving Traditions’ Curriculum
All Moving Traditions’ curriculum is available to partner educators 24-7 through our convenient Curriculum Portal, which is updated regularly based on feedback from educators like you.
Learn more about our suite of programs and request sample curriculum to get a taste of what our materials include.
Support for Educators
Moving Traditions provides all partnering educators, facilitators, and mentors with:
- A field-tested curriculum based on extensive research, available online
- Vetting of potential group leaders
- Intensive national Training Conferences to learn how to implement our programs.
- Ongoing coaching and support for supervisors and group leaders throughout the program year
- The opportunity to be part of a network of educators who are pioneering a powerful model of Jewish learning and living
Educators and program participants overwhelmingly report that Moving Traditions’ programs work:
- 92% of educators say, “Moving Traditions’ program helped me connect Jewish wisdom to youth’s social-emotional development.”
- 91% of teens say, “My experience with Moving Traditions programs was good or great.”
- 92% of Kulam educators say the curriculum engaged their students and provided a structure for compelling conversations.
Moving Traditions continues to release responsive curricula over the course of the year on emerging issues that matter to Jewish youth. These curricula are available to all Jewish educators and professionals, whether you partner with us, or you are turning to Moving Traditions in the moment as events arise. Access them in the Curriculum Portal or request a sample. We have resources available on topics including antisemitism, emerging from the pandemic, trans visibility, reproductive rights, and more.