Moving Traditions advances a model of Jewish education that helps pre-teens and teens think deeply about gender, cultural expectations, ethics, and Jewish life.
We partner with synagogues and other Jewish institutions to bring our programs to pre-teen and teenage girls and boys. Each institution appoints a supervisor to hire and oversee the group leaders who run Rosh Hodesh and Shevet Achim groups.
In turn, Moving Traditions provides:
- A field-tested curriculum based on extensive research — which soon will be available on-line.
- Vetting of potential group leaders.
- An intensive national Training Conference for educators.
- Ongoing coaching and support for supervisors and group leaders throughout the program year.
- The opportunity to be part of a network of educators who are pioneering a powerful model of Jewish learning and living.
- What makes Moving Traditions’ approach to Jewish education unique? Read more about our perspective on gender and coming of age.
If you are interested in becoming a Moving Traditions partner, click here to get a copy of Bring Rosh Hodesh to Your Community or Bring Shevet Achim to Your Community, which contain detailed and helpful information to launch our programs in your community.