Help Moving Traditions (and organizations that work with Jewish teens in single gender spaces) think through how to translate a commitment to full inclusion of transgender and gender non-conforming (GNC) and questioning teens into action in our programming, materials, and training and identify challenges of this work and strategies for working through those challenges.
- Achieve a better understanding of the experiences of Jewish trans and GNC teens in single gender spaces
- Build a shared sense of best practices for working with trans and GNC teens in single gender spaces
- Identify next steps for MT to translate this commitment into action
- We will explore and learn from different models of inclusion and integration of trans youth into gendered spaces in the Jewish community
- We will learn from teens about their experience of our programs and other Jewish programs that split teens by gender
- We will work with case studies based on actual challenges people are facing at camp, schools, etc.
- We will identify the values that have led us to this work and those that might be in tension with it (i.e. – safe space)
June 10, 2015, 10 am – 4 pm
520 8th Avenue, 15th floor
New York, NY 10018
For more information email or call Rabbi Tamara Cohen at 215-887-4511 ext. 104.
This event is co-sponsored by Keshet.